All Department Web Framework sites have two standard webforms:
- Contact Us - Allows site visitors to send questions or feedback to the department. The topic categories and email recipients can be customized so that messages are routed to the appropriate contacts.
- Alumni Update - Allows graduates to contact the department with news or requests to be involved. A department contact receives the information and decides how to engage with the alumni. A copy also goes to Nancy Joseph, the College's Director of Publications, who is always looking for story ideas related to alumni and careers.
Some sites have custom webforms for other purposes. If you are interested in adding a form to your site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webform Submission Archiving and Removal
The web team removes stored webform submissions from Department Web Framework sites on a regular basis. We remove these submissions from the sites annually to enhance server performance and protect private information. We will send notice a few weeks in advance so department editors can make local backups of their form submissions if desired. A backup may not be necessary if you have retained or replied to all the emails.
You can make a backup of old webform submissions by doing the following:
- Log in to your website.
- Click “Manage content” in the grey shortcut bar or edit the following URL for your site and paste it into the URL bar of your browser: https://MYSITE.washington.edu/content/manage
- Change the “Type” filter from “Any“ to “Webform”; you will see a list of the webforms on your site.
- Click on the title of the webform you would like to backup; you will be taken to that webform’s page.
- Click the “Results” button or tab, just below the webform title; you will see a list of all submissions to this webform.
- Click the “Download” button at the top of the page, just above the list of submissions.
- The default options on this page should be fine; they will direct the system to generate an Excel file for download.
- Click the “Download” button at the bottom of the page.
- You will see a status page as the server generates the file – it may go by quickly.
- Your browser will download the Excel backup and return you to the download page.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.